As a Fundraising Event Volunteer you will be an instrumental part of the fundraising team by helping us raise awareness and funding for our work.
The akt fundraising team engages people in a variety of ways and encourages them to donate to, or fundraise for, our work supporting LGBTQ+ young people who are homeless or living within a hostile environment.
As a Fundraising Event Volunteer you will be an instrumental part of the fundraising team by helping us raise awareness and funding for our work, knowing that the money you help raise is going directly towards supporting LGBTQ+ young people.
The events we attend throughout the year offer you the opportunity to engage directly with the public, raise awareness of the support we offer at akt, and to explain how support and donations can help.
These events take place at locations across Greater London and can include performances in pubs and clubs, special appearances at theatres and galleries and various Pride events.
Our volunteers often comment on the great atmosphere and sense of achievement from fundraising as part of a team at these varied and exciting events.
You will receive a full induction to akt and fundraising for us, and information leaflets and resources will also be on hand for you to give out.
"Really good vibes at fundraising events and a sense of accomplishment when we count all the money we've been able to raise at the end of the night.”Fundraising Event Volunteer, 2021
- Collecting donations at events using buckets, card readers or QR codes
- Talking about akt and our services to attendees
- Event set up and set down
- Selling tickets or staffing the door at an event
- Attending events to cheer on participants – i.e. people taking part in marathons
"My favourite thing about being a volunteer with akt is the wonderful, friendly environment that akt provides its volunteers on its events. It's a pleasure to volunteer as you always know there's going to be a smiling face to greet you.”Fundraising Event Volunteer
what you will gain:
- Knowledge that your volunteering is having a direct impact on the financial success of the charity and therefore on the lives of the young people we support
- Opportunity to meet a wide variety of people and be part of a vibrant fundraising team
- Experience of volunteering as part of the LGBTQ+ community and the chance to attend a variety of exciting events
- Increased confidence and communication skills
- We can offer you a reference
- Opportunity to be part of the akt team and social opportunities with other volunteers
This role is really flexible and can fit in around you. Events are sent out on an ad hoc basis and usually take place during evenings and weekends. Most events last around 3 hours.
Various venues across Greater London. We can provide travel expenses.
Any questions? Email email@example.com