We have service centres in Manchester, Newcastle, Bristol and London. 

we're pausing referrals at the moment - please get in touch with us via live chat instead. tap or click the button in the bottom left of your screen.

If you are based in the North West call our Manchester office on 0161 228 3308

If you are based in the North East call our Newcastle office on 0191 281 0099

If you are based in the South call our London office on 020 7831 6562 

If you are based in Bristol, call: 07467306483

If you are based outside of these areas in the UK we can still help - call the office nearest to your location. 

What happens next?

Following an initial conversation, if our services are for you, we will invite you in for an assessment with a member of staff to discuss your situation and the circumstances around your housing problems, e.g. homelessness and why you are homeless. From there akt staff will provide support, advice and guidance to you. This could also include: 

  • Completing benefit forms
  • Do housing referrals
  • Support and advocacy to find emergency accommodation

We may also refer you into our Mentoring programme. We can only discuss potential referrals to other areas of support (if applicable), e.g. Purple Door and the carer placements. This will be discussed with you and will depend on your individual situation.

If you are thinking of accessing akt services having the following items can make a big difference in the housing options:

  • Your own photo ID, e.g. passport or driving licence
  • National Insurance Number
  • Have your bank account (with 3 months of statements)
  • Be able to give AKT staff the details of two people who can provide you with a character reference, e.g. employer, youth worker, nurse, teacher or social worker
  • 3 months of pay-slips or any benefits letter (if applicable)

Don't worry. If you don’t have these items, please do still get in touch with us.






need support?